Laurie Anderson Smoked Fish Chowder
It’s Laurie Anderson’s 71st birthday. Here’s an article with the recipe, eating the same pie for a year and bits about her concert for dogs.
#dogs #chowder #rageagainstthecuisine
Smoked whitefish chowder
Serves 4 to 6
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 leeks, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 small stalks celery, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
2 tsps fresh thyme, finely chopped
60ml dry white wine
475ml vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
475ml whole milk
225g smoked whitefish meat, cut into small pieces
180ml full cream
Handful dill, chopped
Few espelette pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil and butter in large stockpot over medium heat. Add leeks, carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic, potatoes, thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir to create a dry roux.
- Stir the wine, stock and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in milk and whitefish and return mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with dill and espelette pepper. Serve.