Shrimp Mick Jagger
The recipe was created by Byron Ayanoglu, who was Mick Jagger’s private chef.
According to Bryan’s bio he has always shared his prandial pleasures with his readers if not necessarily his food. As there’s not many prandialists left, it feels right to spread the love…
- Wash shrimp. Peel completely and devein; or leave shells partially on for easy handling at the table.
- Combine shrimp, half of ginger, green onion, salt and sugar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat large frying pan or wok and add oil. When oil is hot, add other half of ginger and fry, stirring for a minute.
- Immediately add shrimp mixture. Stir and fry for two minutes. Add Chinese rice wine or vermouth; stir.
- Reduce heat and cover pan. Continue to cook for two more minutes over low heat.
- Remove shrimp from pan; sprinkle with green onion. Serve with rice and kiwi slices.
H/t The New York Daily News, as excerpted from the book Rock ‘n’ Roll Cuisine.